A transcript is an exact copy of a student’s permanent academic record at the time it is issued. It can be either an official or an unofficial transcript, the latter usually issued directly to and only for the personal information of the student concerned. Partial transcripts are not issued. Southern Union State Community College transcripts include the student’s complete record at Southern Union.

Transcript Requests

The Admissions Office maintains student records and, upon written request from the student, will issue transcripts. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 defines the rights of the student with regard to records and other information that might be maintained and/or released.

  • In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the College does not release transcripts of a student’s work except upon the student’s written request, except in a case where educational or governmental offices have a lawful need for the information.
  • Enrolled students may obtain an unofficial copy of their Southern Union transcript through the website at
  • Requests for official transcript(s) can be submitted online from the Transcript Request page at
  • The Records Office does not issue official transcripts from other institutions. The student must request any required transcripts where the course work was taken.