Admission of Transient Students

Transient Students

Students who attend another postsecondary institution and who wish to earn credits for transfer to the parent institution may be admitted to Southern Union State Community College as transient students. A transient student must submit the following items for admission: a) a complete admissions application, and b) an official transient letter from the institution the student has been attending which certifies the credits s/he earns at Southern Union State Community College will be accepted as part of his/her academic program. Students must present the transient letter prior to registering at Southern Union.

Transient Student Admission Requirements:

  1. Transient admission application
  2. Appropriate transient documentation from home institution*

*The transient permission form must be properly signed by the appropriate official at the parent institution and must list the specific college course(s) for which the student has been approved to enroll. Students are not required to submit transcripts since the transient approval letter will serve in lieu of transcripts. A transient student may not enroll in a course and its prerequisite concurrently. 

Note: The documentation identified above should be submitted along with the online application, in person, or by email to